Science Careers Project Description
- Make a 1950 - 2050 timeline of issues, tools, and people in your profession.
- Make an educational plan for getting started in your profession.
- Write your retirement speech indicating what goals you achieved during your career.
- Shadow at least one professional in your line of work and interview two.
- Keep a journal of your experiences.
- Interviews (at least 2 professional in your area)
- Field trip (to at least 1 work site for your area)
- Find your area's professional organization.
- Make contact with people to interview and schedule.
- Figure out where you would like to take your field trip and schedule it.
Weeks 2 & 3
- Come up with the question you want to ask and turn it in to the green folder. (See Grading Rubric #4 for more information.)
- Research the time line.
- Read the journal from this month for the professional association of your area. If you can't get your hands on a journal, print out and read four articles. Write a summary and your thoughts on each one.
- Write questions for your interviews.
- Go on field trips and interviews. Take pictures and blog about these experiences.
Weeks 4 & 5
- Gather college catalogs, both under grad and graduate, from at least one in-state and one out of state school. Turn them in to Mr. Falk so he can check out what you found.
- Produce you timeline. You could make a poster or try online timeline software.
- Produce your speech.
- Produce your plan.